Work at Brookline
Are you a gifted relationship builder? Do you have an affinity with fun sports and do you want to be part of Brookline’s conquest of Europe? If so, then this is your chance! We are searching for an ambitious Senior Buyer.
What will you be doing?
As Senior Buyer, you are jointly responsible for managing the tactical purchasing process (specifying, selecting and concluding contracts), and you are also involved in strategic operations, choices and recommendations. We are looking for a colleague who has experience in international purchasing at a tactical level, and who is capable of helping set up and manage this process. We are looking for a doer who understands that the department is under development and who feels at home in a fast-paced environment because we are building an aircraft that has already taken off!
Do you like variety, grabbing the bull by the horns and are you eager to help grow our organisation and Purchasing Department? If so, we would love to meet you!
What are your responsibilities?
- You are jointly responsible for supplier management, including prices, delivery times and MOQ;
- You are able to share strategic ideas and are responsible for setting up the long-term vision of the Purchasing Department;
- You are responsible for supplier assessment and also discuss supplier performance;
- You are responsible for all contract negotiations and you are involved in drawing up price agreements;
- You lead the team of yet to be appointed Operational Purchasers;
- You are responsible for quotation processes;
- You put forward suggestions to help optimise purchasing-related processes and procedures.
Who are you?
Brookline is searching for a commercial go-getter with lots of energy and a can-do attitude. You have a talent for spotting opportunities and your enterprising mindset will ensure you have an impact on the growth of our brand. You feel at home in a scaleup environment with huge international potential.
- Your professional and academic capacities are at a higher professional education level;
- You are a pleasant sparring partner with excellent negotiating skills;
- You have several years of work experience in a similar position;
- You have a customer-oriented and commercial attitude, are persuasive and have strong analytical and communication skills;
- You are a proactive initiative taker and a problem solver;
- You are able to adapt quickly within a dynamic environment and stand by your convictions;
- You are familiar with Exact and have a good basic command of Excel and Word.
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English; German is a strong asset;
- You hold a Category B driving licence;
- You are available full time.
What can you expect from us?
The opportunity to build a career with a leading player in the sector. You will be working in an international environment in which the focus is on growth. You will be working with state-of-the-art systems and be among colleagues who share your ambition. You will be afforded the opportunity to further your development so you can realise your ambition.
- Competitive salary;
- Attractive employment conditions such as pension scheme;
- A challenging role in which you will make an impact on Brookline’s European growth;
- The chance to join a rapidly expanding international company and help build international success;
- Young and ambitious colleagues who share the same goal;
- The opportunity to develop as a professional;
- A fantastic workplace in an inspiring environment with gym membership included.
Brookline is a young retail distributor that only works with the world’s most exciting, cutting-edge fun sports. Founded in 2020 – but backed by over 30 years of retail experience – we distribute our products throughout Europe from our large warehouse in Apeldoorn. We already sell our products in over 3,000 stores, but we want to increase this number by lots more!
Are you ready to be part of Brookline’s conquest of Europe? Don’t delay! Send your application and covering letter to email@example.com